- .NET Developer (9)
- Technology (5)
- Java Developer (4)
- Full Stack (3)
- PHP Developer (2)
- Front End Developer (2)
- Big Data (2)
- SQL DBA (2)
- Automation (1)
- Ruby on Rails (1)
- Python (1)
- Distributed Computing (1)
- Web Application Developer (1)
- DevOps Engineer (1)
- Architect (1)
- Infrastructure (1)
- Location: Downtown
- Job Type: Direct Hire
The Java Web Developer position is responsible for the development, integration, and implementation of applications software in a service provider environment that supports the company business strategies and objectives. This role provides technical consulting to management, business users, and technical associates and works closely with other developers as a mentor. As a technical specialist this position also works with engineers and architects in continuous improvement initiatives.
Essential Functions Strategy & Planning
- Provide input and direction to the accepted solution design based on client requirements.
- Recommends both technical and process improvements and solutions to senior technical team members for review.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of new technology, equipment, and systems.
- Acquisition & Deployment
- Performs complex programming assignments requiring an advanced aptitude of established programming standards, methods, and best practices.
- Design application and database components for development projects.
- Perform analysis of business models, logical specifications, and/or customer requirements to design and build Internet solutions utilizing multiple technologies.
- Mitigate significant risks associated with projects, which have a high technical complexity and/or involve significant challenges to the business.
- Maintains and modifies web applications; makes approved changes by amending application documentation, developing detailed programming logic, and coding changes.
- Provides support for critical web application problems and issues.
- Training and knowledge sharing with development teams.
- Mentor and coach junior level developers and/or Professional Apprentices.
- Project and task management and reporting as necessary.
- Presentations to management, clients, and peer groups as requested.
- Minimal travel as required
- Work outside the standard office 7.5 hour workday as required.
- 2+ years IT related experience.
- 2+ years experience in an Enterprise Database Management System, preferably Oracle.
- Experience with Model-view-controller (MVC) architecture integration.
- Object-oriented analysis and design (OOAD).
- 1+ years experience in standards based Markup.
- 1+ years experience working with web content management systems.
- Advanced analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability and initiative to learn and research new concepts, ideas, and technologies quickly.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Ability to facilitate meetings and follow up with resulting action items.
- Ability to translate an idea or need into a completed solution or work product.
Formal Education & Certification
- Bachelor Degree or foreign equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.
Or contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.