- .NET Developer (9)
- Technology (5)
- Java Developer (4)
- Mobile Developer (4)
- Startup (4)
- Quality Assurance (3)
- Web Application Developer (3)
- iOS Developer (3)
- Front End Developer (2)
- Ruby on Rails (2)
- SQL DBA (2)
- Full Stack (2)
- DevOps Engineer (2)
- Business Analyst (1)
- PHP Developer (1)
- Automation (1)
- Android Developer (1)
- Swift Developer (1)
- User Experince / Design (1)
- Project Manager (1)
- Python (1)
- Strategic Leadership (1)
- Application Support (1)
- Big Data (1)
- Distributed Computing (1)
- Architect (1)
- Infrastructure (1)
Senior Big Data Application Support Engineer
- Location: Columbus, Columbus-Downtown
- Job Type: Direct Hire, Distributed Computing, Full Time
As an expert on Big Data application support, candidate for this role should have the following expectations:
- Handle and log tickets from various channels like email, phone, web portal.
- Creates workaround procedures when standard procedures have failed and ensures issues are resolved in a timely fashion.
- Monitors Community (incl. Facebook & Twitter) for software problems and issues introduced there.
- Escalates urgent problems requiring more in-depth knowledge to appropriate internal resources.
- Create knowledge base content related to software usage (tips & tricks, etc.) for Community outlets.
- Manages Support operating standards, practices, and procedures related to IT service management and software support.
- Positions as final level of support expertise prior to escalation to engineering or Development operations.
- Handles issues related to hosting, installation, and advanced software support.
- Writes documentation for software users as well as engineering, devops, and QA when required.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Works under minimal supervision.
- Our application is built using Scala and Java as primary language. Hands on experience and knowledge of these languages are a must.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience working on Java based application troubleshooting and hands on experience of java based web application ( ability to understand concepts of jdbc driver, jars, jstack, memory etc )
- Spark : This new technology that helps to distribute the computational work, so ability to learn spark administration console to check on worker and spark master status and navigation of spark console to check logs etc.
- Big data storage technology Hadoop , also related would be kerberized hadoop installation and understanding configuration.
- Should have a deeper expertise of scripting in Linux and commands.
- Knowledge of Installation using rpm files and rpm based installation using yum.
- Should have ability to read / monitor through large log using commands or using tools like splunk.
- Should have ability to administer and monitor linux resources, network, memory, cpu, file handles , iptables etc.
- Should have experience working on industry standard CRM tools for ticket management.
Nice to Haves
- Know of Python, Angular JS framework, coffee-script, ruby is plus.
- Administration of Spark Cluster, deployment of application to spark cluster.
Or contact us with questions at email@example.com.