- .NET Developer (6)
- Technology (5)
- Java Developer (4)
- Front End Developer (2)
- SQL DBA (2)
- PHP Developer (1)
- Ruby on Rails (1)
- Python (1)
- Web Application Developer (1)
SQL Database Administrator
- Location: Olmsted Falls
- Job Type: Direct Hire
The Database Administrator (DBA) is responsible for engineering, designing and maintaining the database environment. This includes overseeing the development and organization of the databases, assessment, and implementation of new technologies, and providing client with a strategic roadmap that will ensure that our information and data storage requirements meet the increasing demand. The DBA will be responsible for ensuring high availability of all databases, ensuring that all databases are fully recoverable in disaster situation and that all databases meet or exceed customer requirements. This person will be the primary responder to any incident related to database issues.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develop and implement a strategic roadmap of database technology
- Work with architecture, application development, and operations to help achieve a highly available database environment that meets current and future business objectives
- Provides and designs tools to assist in the automated management of the database and transaction processing environment
- Manages external vendor relationships when necessary to meet objectives
- Establish and monitor SQL Server processes and periodic maintenance tasks
- Create, implement, and manage data management and migration processes
- Analyze, develop and implement solutions that meet the companies capacity and performance requirements
- Analyze and tune databases for optimal efficiency
- Responsible for backup, clustering, mirroring, replication and failover
- Responsible for database security and the security of the data in the database
- Responsible for patching and upgrading all database systems.
- Develop and ensure compliance with database standards/directions/technologies
- Manage the data warehousing process and implementation
- Ensure data can be provided to support report, analysis, transactional and regulatory requirements
- Support the development and implementation of reporting and business intelligence solutions
- Team Orientation
- Customer Thinking, Focus and Responsiveness
- Drive for Results
- Applying Technical Expertise
- Analytical Thinking
Skills & Abilities
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field preferred or combination of education and equivalent work experience.
Experience: 5+ years related DBA experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 or above, 2008R2 preferred.
- Superior technical documentation skills
- Experience managing large scale database projects
- Experience with SSAS, SSIS and/or SSIS a plus
- Experience with T-SQL; developing store procedure, triggers, functions
Certificates & Licenses: MS SQL Server or Microsoft DBA Certification preferred.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Proven analytical, evaluative and problem-solving abilities
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Good understanding of the organizations goals and objectives
- Proven effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to professionally execute projects with minimal supervision
Or contact us with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.